No one was injured in the fire at the Forestville Health & Rehabilitation Center.
A malfunctioning microwave caught fire and a pantry filled with smoke in the Forestville Health & Rehabilitation Center at around 2 p.m. Wednesday, according to Prince George's County Fire/EMS Chief Spokesman Mark Brady. There were no injuries, Brady said. The fire caused smoke in the pantry on the second floor of the center, Brady said. Firefighters arrived at the center, located at 7420 Marlboro Pike, at around 2 p.m. They removed the microwave, whose components had melted, and ventilated the area—clearing it of smoke in about 20 minutes, according to Brady.