Thursday, January 3, 2013
The former agent could face up to 13 years in prison.
A former FBI agent that was convicted of motor vehicular manslaughter is set to be sentenced Friday. Adrian Johnson will go before a judge on Jan. 4 at 1:30 p.m. In October 2012, a jury found Johnson guilty of motor vehicular manslaughter; homicide by motor vehicle while intoxicated; and causing a life-threatening injury while impaired by alcohol, according to the Prince George's State's Attorney office. In 2011, Johnson was speeding in his car when he struck 18-year-old Lawrence Garner, Jr.'s car and killed him. Johnson faces more than 13 years in prison. Prince George’s County Circuit Court Judge Michael Pearson will preside over the sentencing.
Friday, March 9, 2012
The former councilwoman convicted of conspiracy starts her sentence in a West Virginia prison Friday.
Former Prince George's County councilwoman Leslie Johnson headed to a West Virginia prison Friday to start her year-and-a-day-long sentence, ABC7 reports. Johnson pleaded guilty in November to conspiracy for her role in a corruption scheme lead by her husband, former county executive Jack Johnson, who is currently serving his sentence in a North Carolina prison. She is infamously known for stuffing cash into her bra after being directed to do so by her husband, while they were being wiretapped by federal investigators.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
The former Prince George's County Executive must start his federal prison term in North Carolina Saturday.
Time has run out for former Prince George's County Executive Jack Johnson to remain a free man. Johnson is scheduled to begin his 87-month sentence in federal prison today, Feb. 18, in Butner, NC, Jeffrey Harding, one of Johnson’s attorneys told The Washington Post. Johnson and his wife, Leslie, were both indicted on federal charges in November 2010. Johnson pleaded guilty to conspiracy, extortion and witness evidence tampering after admitting he accepted cash, airfare and other gifts in exchange for changing laws and results of inspections in May 2011 and his wife pleaded guilty to detroying evidence, after she infamously stuffed $79,000 in her underwear and tried flushing a $100,000 check down the toliet. She later resigned from her …
Thursday, November 24, 2011
The former county executive pleaded guilty this year to conspiracy, extortion and witness evidence tampering.
With just a few weeks until his scheduled sentencing in U.S. District Court, former County Executive Jack B. Johnson is seen here on a FBI surveillance video accepting a bribe from a county developer, according to the Maryland U.S. Attorney's Office. "If one of the prosecutors are able to bring someone like me down, they brag their whole career, 'I prosecuted Jack Johnson,'" Johnson says with a laugh in the video. Last week, the U.S. Attorney's Office released Johnson's infamous phone call with his wife, Leslie, where he convinced her to flush a $100,000 check from a developer and stuff $79,600 in her bra.
Friday, August 12, 2011
Each week, Patch will run a report about a county fugitive. Let Crime Solvers know if you have any information about the criminals mentioned here. They're counting on you!
Most of us have heard of America’s Most Wanted, the TV show dedicated to rooting out the nation’s most vicious criminals on the lam. The show, which recently came to an end, was created and hosted by John Walsh, whose son Adam was kidnapped and killed when he was a child. The FBI also has a top 10 most wanted list. And if you ever read a local police blotter, you are probably aware of Crime Solvers, a national law enforcement program that offers cash rewards to people with tips that help them close cases. Prince George’s County has its own Crime Solvers program, complete with a “most wanted” list of criminals associated with local cases. It is a nonprofit organization begun in 1979 that is governed by a volunteer board of business and …
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Prince George’s County Executive Rushern Baker says public support is crucial in deterring homicides.
Joined by a coalition of law and public safety leaders, Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker said today that community support is needed to help end violence in the county that has left 13 people dead since Jan. 1. Speaking during a press conference at Prince George’s County police headquarters in Landover, Baker joined acting Police Chief Mark Magaw, Sheriff Melvin High and State's Attorney Angela Alsobrooks in giving an update of what the departments were doing to prevent more crimes from happening. Baker called on the community, public safety offices and the state’s attorney to help fight back against homicides. “We are not going to make a good county great without all three coming together,” he said. “I will do everything…
Friday, January 14, 2011
A conglomeration of law enforcement agencies has made more than 100 arrests in two days.
A second round of saturation patrols has resulted in nearly 60 arrests, bringing the total to more than 100 arrests in two days, according to Prince George's County Police. A multi-jurisdictional group of over 100 additional officers, tasked with stopping violent crime in the county, concentrated on the areas most impacted by the recent violence, including 13 homicides since Jan. 1. Thursday night, these officers made 58 arrests, 27 of which were felony arrests, and recovered guns and drugs including marijuana, ecstasy, crack cocaine and PCP. Additionally, officers served 12 arrest warrants and made hundreds of traffics stops. In response to the 13 homicides since the beginning of the year, chief of police Mark Magaw added federal …