Although capturing fireworks on a camera can be difficult, if you have the right equipment and your camera is switched to the correct settings, you should be able to get some fantastic images. Here are some tips from Patch photographer .
- Camera: Either a point-and-shoot or an SLR.
- Tripod: To keep the camera steady and prevent motion blur.
- Flashlight: To see the camera settings in the dark.
- Wireless Trigger: Not necessary, but it helps to prevent camera shake.
Other tips from photographer Darren Rowse's website:
- Take pictures early in the show, before there's too much smoke.
- If you have a digital camera, set it to bulb, so you can keep the shutter open for a longer period of time. After all, you are shooting moving light.