Update Friday, Aug. 31: Winner declared!
Guess who's coming to dinner?
Congratulations and thanks for the laugh! We'll contact you to arrange to send your prize!
Whether you've started school in Prince George's County or are about to start school in Montgomery County, you may want to use a last summer weekend to take advantage of one of Washington, DC's finest (and free) attractions—the Smithsonian’s National Zoo.
Visiting the orangutans, tigers, elephants and other members of the animal kingdom at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo is a perfect end-of-summer activity for the whole family—and did we mention it’s free?
One of the big attractions at the zoo is catching its residents in their environment and eavesdropping on their lives. Sometimes animals do the strangest things!
This week's photo reflects The Smithsonian’s National Zoo fishing cat kittens, which were born earlier this summer. Now zoo visitors can see these 3-month-old kittens playing and climbing along the Asia Trail. Their mother, Electra, will be on exhibit from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day, but the family is most active in the morning.
So can you come up with a caption for what they are doing in the photo?
We'll post one caption for a new photo each week, and the person with the most creative caption will win a Patch “swag kit”—complete with a tote bag, metal water bottle, magnet and pen.
Patch local editors will pick the winners. We’re a tough crowd … so make us laugh!
and tell us if you agree with our choice!
Don't forget to hit the "keep me posted" button below to stay updated on the caption contest! Keep up with all your local news with our newsletter—if you have a Patch account, click on your name, then on "newsletter" at the top right to sign up.
The fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, write a caption and post as a comment.
- All entries must be received by Thursday of the next week at midnight Eastern time.
- You may enter up to five captions.
- Winners are selected at the discretion of Patch editors.
- A single weekly winner will win a Patch tote bag, water bottle, pen and magnet with a retail value of approximately $15. We may even throw in a t-shirt.
- See official rules attached as a PDF.