Students Arrested in Disturbance at Ft. Washington School After Classmate's Death

Police were called to Friendly High School after a disturbance Tuesday, when they arrived a second disturbance broke out, according to police.


At least three people, two of them Friendly High School students, were arrested following disturbances at the high school Tuesday, Prince George's police said. It was the first school day following a weekend shooting that left a Friendly High School student dead.

Marcus Antonio Jones, 16, died after being shot by an unknown suspect while walking to his car in Fort Washington Sunday, police said.

On Tuesday, two disturbances occurred, according to Officer Nicole Hubbard, Prince George's County police spokeswoman. The second one led to the arrests; all three were charged with second-degree assault, she said. Both disturbances occurred inside the school, according to an ABC7 report.

The ages of the three people arrested was unclear.  

A mother said her 17-year-old son was roughed up by police, according to ABC7. Authorities said he was charged with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer, ABC7 reported.

The disturbances were not retaliation but were due to "the rising tensions and raw emotions the students felt over the murder," according to Hubbard.

The day's initial disturbance involved around 10 students, none of whom were injured, according to Hubbard. When that disturbance began, Friendly High School's resources officer called other Prince George's County officers for help, according Hubbard. 

The disturbance dissipated once officers arrived at the school but then the second disturbance took place, according to Hubbard.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »