.

Six-Year-Old Dies After Becoming Tangled in Window Covering Cords

A family member and paramedics performed CPR on the unconscious child.

File | Patch
File | Patch

A 6-year-old Suitland girl died Saturday after becoming entangled in cords attached to window coverings in her home, reports WJLA TV.

Prince George's County Fire/EMS officials responded to the home in the 6700 block of Larkspur Road in Suitland and found a family member performing CPR on the child. Paramedics took over and took the girl to an area hospital, where she died.

Police are investigating the incident, but early results show the child became entwined in the pull cords and was unconscious when discovered by a family member.

The child’s name was not immediately released, says CBS Local.

Officials say children ages 5 and under are especially vulnerable to strangulation by window covering strings and cords, the TV station says.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something