.

Microwave Causes Fire in Forestville Nursing Facility

No one was injured in the fire at the Forestville Health & Rehabilitation Center.

A malfunctioning microwave caught fire and a pantry filled with smoke in the Forestville Health & Rehabilitation Center at around 2 p.m. Wednesday, according to Prince George's County Fire/EMS Chief Spokesman Mark Brady.

There were no injuries, Brady said.

The fire caused smoke in the pantry on the second floor of the center, Brady said. Firefighters arrived at the center, located at 7420 Marlboro Pike, at around 2 p.m. They removed the microwave, whose components had melted, and ventilated the area—clearing it of smoke in about 20 minutes, according to Brady.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »