Not sure what to do with those unused painkillers from back when you had your wisdom teeth removed, or those old antibiotics that you never finished?
Get rid of them!
Tomorrow, Sept. 29, municipal and county police agencies are participating in a Drug Take Back Day, in cooperation with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Anyone with unused and/or expired prescription medication is invited to bring them to the following police departments between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.:
- University of Maryland Police at Bldg. 3 Rossborough Lane in College Park, MD.
- Bowie Police Department at 15901 Excalibur Rd.
- Prince George's County Police:
- District I Station at 5000 Rhode Island Avenue in Hyattsville
- District III Station at 7600 Barlowe Road in Palmer Park
- District IV Station at 5135 Indian Head Highway in Oxon Hill
The DEA spearheads these nationwide efforts in part to combat prescription drug abuse, according to a press release. The collection is free and anonymous.
The program addressed a vital public safety and public health issue, police said.