Sports & Recreation, Theater, Art & Entertainment, Classes & Lectures, School Events, Government, Fairs & Festivals, Charitable, Food & Drink, Organizations, Garage Sales, Music, Religious, Graduation, Family, Outdoor, Patch's House & Home, Wedding, Awareness, Holiday Guide, Valentine's Day Guide, Real Estate, Halloween, Patch Reads, Love It, Special Needs
Invite a friend
Girls Wear P.I.N.K. 2013!
“Girls Wear P.I.N.K. Domestic Violence Prevention, Self Empowerment, and Modeling Workshop 2013” is underway! (P.I.N.K. =Purpose, Integrity, Nobility, Knowledge) This will be a very informative, fun, interactive, educational, and empowering workshop! We will cover a variety of empowering topics presented by a host of professionals in their fields. Young ladies ages 12-24 years old are encouraged to register! Our major sponsors include: The Verizon Foundation, Macys, and Taylor Made Designs.
This is a FREE 10 Session Saturday Workshop. Pre-Registration is Required. $25 Early Bird registration fee. Register at www.kennedyfoundation.net
Check out our Epic List of Incredible Speakers…
- Lt. Chrystal Tibbs, PGC Police Department
- Delayna Watkins, RN, Total Women Wellness
- Amina Gliyard, Miss Exquisite International 2012-13, Miss Black DC USA 2012
- Rev. Christopher Tobias, CEO, Open Arms for Families
- Meta Renee Williams, RD Director, UNCF
- Detective Morani Hines, Metropolitan Police Dept.
- Janae McDowell, Teen Advocate
- Ebony Andrews, Miss Black MD USA 2012
- Pamela Moody, PGC Dept of Health
- 10. Linda Underwood, Senior Stylist/Owner, Divine Hair Image
- Barbara Streeter, The PR and Protocol Group
- Rev. Johnsie Cogman, ToasterMasters
- Karen Payne, Instructor, Zumba Fitness
- Melissa Michelle, Expert Make Up Artistry
- Phyllis Brown, Author, Behind the Seen Ministries.com
- Al Collins, Author, Al Collins Inspires
- Rune Jackson, Financial Officer, Wells Fargo
- Lynn Strange, Victim Advocate, PGC Office of the States Attorney
- Lieutenants, PGC Office of the Sheriff
- Kena Morgan, Coordinator, PGCPS
- Elana Jenkins, Director of Modeling, P.I.N.K.
- Stephanie Kennedy, President/Founder, KennedyFoundation.Net, Inc. 501(c)3; Advocate Against Domestic Violence; Fashion Show/Pageant Producer; Ebony Fashion Fair Tour Model; Runway Model Trainer/Agent
|Where||Bowie Library 15210 Annapolis Rd, Bowie, MD 20715|
|Time||10:20 am–1:30 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Singles, Teens, Families|
More About Bowie Library
Part of the Prince George's County Memorial Library, the Bowie branch is located on Annapolis Road, next to Bowie High School. There are a ton of events and programs that are held weekly, along with a friendly and helpful staff who is always willing to help you navigate your way around the library. The upper level is spacious and quiet, offering patrons a great place to get some work done, or just sit and read a good book.