Invite a friend
Darnall's Chance Gingerbread House Contest and Show
For a sweet treat, come and view an amazing display of edible gingerbread houses. No nibbling allowed! Visitors will have the opportunity to vote in the Viewer’s Choice Award Competition.
No reservations necessary.
More About Darnall's Chance Museum
Darnall's Chance Museum is located in historic Upper Marlboro. (Look for the museum sign on your left, right after the turn.) The museum, part of the Maryland National Park and Planning Commission system of historic sites in Maryland, exhibits life in Prince George's County, particularly for women, in the 1800s. The house is part of the Star Spangled Banner Trail, which commemorates the creation of "The Star Spangled Banner" by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812. Starting in November, the museum will host an annual gingerbread house contest.
Other events here
- War of 1812: British Invasion of Prince George's County Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 am–5:00 pm
- Free Father's Day Tour Sun, Jun 16, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Hodge's Chance: Treason and the War of 1812 Weekly on Fridays and Sundays, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- James Wardrop's Birthday Celebration Fri, Aug 2, 12:00 pm–3:00 pm
- War of 1812: British Invasion of Prince George's County Sat, Sep 28, 8:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Great Jack O' Lantern Campfire Sat, Oct 26, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- 14th Annual Gingerbread House Contest and Show Weekly on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Hansel & Gretel Tea Party Sat, Dec 21, 2:00 pm