Are you a natural leader, great manager and care about safety?
Then you might be a fit for a position open with the town of Upper Marlboro.
The town's public works department is hiring a maintenance manager. The job was listed on the town's website in August.
The job would require the applicant to fulfill a number of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Plan and supervise PWD long range and daily operations.
- Train PWD employees in safe and proper work procedures and skills.
- Ensure safe field work operations and compliance with applicable safety and protective codes, regulations and requirements.
- Inspect work for proper accomplishment, completion and quality.
- Determine proper personnel assignments, material and equipment use as well as proper methods and procedures to accomplish work to high standards.
- Inspect and maintain PWD equipment.
- Propose needed PWD projects and assist in bid specifications including estimates of cost, schedule, materials and manpower if needed.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations with recommendations for promotion, assignment and discipline.
- Investigate complaints from citizens and department employees and recommends action to be taken.
- Participates in budget preparation and budgetary control measures.
- Performs additional duties as may be assigned by the President of the Board of Commissioners.