Down in the District: Did the DNC Snub DC? Are Hill Staffers Really 'That' Poor?
Ever wonder what our neighbors to the south are up to? Here's a cheat sheet.
We know that the DC suburbs are the best place in the area to live, work, play, learn and eat. Though, sometimes, we get a urge to peek into the lives of our neighbors to the south. You know, the ones living in that tiny, little place called Washington, DC?
Here's a cheat sheet of what's going on in the District:
- It's actually more like lower, lower middle class...One DC woman's gripe on why college-educated Hill staffers who go to happy hours a lot shouldn't call themselves poor.
- Did the DNC snub DC? While Maryland's governor got a prime-time slot at the Dems convention, some folks are wondering if Obama's sure-thing city was properly recognized.
- Obama didn't RSVP for this September 11 event: National Cathedral is scaling down its usual Sept. 11 commemorative ceremony, which normally includes visits from the president. This year expect members of the military and prayers for victims.
- Of chilli dogs and colorful sweaters: Bill Cosby is one of four famous Ben's Chilli Bowl patrons to be featured on a mural near the restaurant. A local artist painted the be-sweatered comedian along with President Barack Obama, go-go legend Chuck Brown and radio and television personality Donnie Simpson.
- For when you want to momentarily feel superior because you're making macroons at home: And then feel bad because you can't make macaroons very well, The Sweet Lobby shows you how to make their famous Parisian treat.
Head to HuffPost DC for more Washington, DC, news.