Police Hope Outreach Will Help Solve Honor Student's Murder
Prince George's County Police will be handing out fliers in the Kettering community Friday to help get more information on Amber Stanley's death.
Just four days after Prince George's County Police held a meeting in the Kettering community to talk to residents about the death of Amber Stanley, they continue to search for information—this time with the help of fliers.
County police officers will be handing out fliers Friday in Kettering and Mitchellville in hopes of reaching out to more community members about the death of 17-year-old Stanley.
The Flowers High senior was fatally shot in her bedroom around 10:23 p.m. on Aug. 22, after an unknown assailant kicked down the door to her home on the 100 block of Chartsey Street and shot her in her bedroom, police said.
Since then police have gone door-to-door canvassing the neighborhood for information, interviewed family and friends, had an academy class search the crime scene for clues and most recently held a community meeting to discuss the case. But so far, although tips have come into the department, none have led them to a suspect.
Starting at 8 a.m., police will be handing out flyers first at the Starbucks in the Kettering Plaza Shopping Center and then at 10 a.m. in the Mitchellville Shopping Center.
Members of the public are encouraged to come out and receive information on the case.
County police asking residents to call the Prince George's Crime Solvers with tips about Stanley's death at 1-866-411-TIPS. They are also offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the person or persons responsible.
- Update: Teen Found Fatally Shot Identified, Senior at Flowers High
- No Suspect, No Motive in Honor Student's Murder
- Friends, Teachers Honor Memory of Slain Honors Student
- No Suspects a Week After Kettering Teen Gunned Down in Bedroom
- August Ends Gruesome Month of Killings in Prince George's County
- PGPD Host Meeting in Kettering to Discuss Slaying of Amber Stanley
- Kettering Community Gathers To Learn More About Amber Stanley's Slaying